We all love bread and used to it took a great deal of skill to make bread. Not anymore, since the introduction of the bread maker machine. In celebration of our love of bread we decide to write our best bread maker reviews just for you … well and for us too. I cannot tell you how hungry writing the review has made me.
So, what features should a bread maker have?
Pricing. Yes, pricing is always a factor when buying anything. But don’t you want the best home bread maker on the market? Sure, but we have good news, you can get an automatic bread maker with all the functions you need at a reasonable price. Most of the bread machines we looked at fell into the $50.00 to $300.00 range.
Brand. Normally we do not see brand as all that important, or perhaps we should say as important. When we speak of brand we are looking for a company with a history of making quality products. To make the best bread maker it helps to have a history of making consumer products. Brand is not necessarily any more important than any other factor because we have found during our reviews of other products that sometimes non main brand products are basically the same. Think about any of the generic food products you buy at the grocery store. Many times you are getting the same thing as the branded product at a lower price.
Quality. Most people think quality and brand are the same thing. While it is true that you can sometimes expect a name brand company to produce a quality product it does not mean that a non big name brand cannot produce a quality product. We look at quality in the best bread making machines just like other products we have reviewed. We want a solid machine that does not easily break or wear out over time. We do not subscribe to the throw away consumer mentality that you use it, throw it away and buy another one.
Kneading Paddles. Bread makers come with at least one paddle and many have additional/replacement paddles for other products. You might have one for dough and another for pasta. Some also have dual kneading paddles that work much better than having just one. Being able to remove the kneading paddle after the kneading cycle can also be a plus unless you want a hole in the bottom of your loaf of bread when it is baked. It does not change the way it tastes but you might be OCD enough that if you know it is there you just cannot live with it.
Delayed time. Do you want a fresh loaf of bread when you get up in the morning or come on from work? That is the advantage a delay timer gives you when looking for a top rated bread maker. We think the delay timer is a cool feature but did not give it the same rating as price and quality in our home bread maker reviews. Of course, that does not mean it is not on the top of your list. If so this a big factor for you make sure you read all the features of the bread machines in our review.
Noise. No one likes a loud machine. Most modern kitchens are in some way attached to the main family room. The last thing you want is your bread maker machine grinding around in the background. To us noise is related to quality. We have found that higher quality automatic bread makers tend to be quitter.
Alarm. When we say alarm we do not mean an ear piercing noise that shakes you to your core. We are talking about an alarm that will notify you when it is time to add fruit, nuts or other items to your bread if it requires it. The best bread making machines have this feature. Some of the more basic ones might not even though they still make great bread. We like this feature, especially if you plan to make specialty bread and you will. Even if you do not think you will want to make specialty bread I promise you will. Just wait and see. Once you start your bread making experience you will want to experiment.
Size. This determines how big a loaf of bread you can make. To us the biggest driver of this is the size of your family and how much bread you eat a week. It also affects the shape of the load of bread your bread machine products. A smaller machine will typically produce a more square shape. The larger bread making machines produce a loaf more similar to the rectangular shape we are most familiar with.
Options. By this we mean press button controls that allow you to select the type of bread you want to make. Most of the top rated bread makers have this ability. When we talk about types of bread we mean white, French, whole wheat, sweet, etc…
Here are our picks – Click on links for price information:
Bread Machine Aicok. 2.2LB Programmable Bread Maker Stainless Steel Housing with 15 Hour Delay Time.
- 15 Different Programs – 15 different professional programs for a variety of breads such as gluten-free bread, wholemeal bread, also for jam, yogurt, rice, nuts and one for your own bread recipes.
- Large Capacity & Different Flavors – Up to 2.2 pounds loaf capacity, the LCD display allows you to choose 3 bread sizes (1.1 lb, 1.65 lb, 2.2 lb) and 3 bread colors (light, medium, dark), ideal bread machine for modern family, instructions with recipes included.
- 15h Timer & 1h Automatic Keep Warm – Timing function allows you to preset the desired program up to 15 hours in advance. with Ih keep warm function, enjoying the warm and delicious bread as you want. The bread maker can detect power failures for up to 15 minutes and then continue the program.
- View Window & Detachable Lid – The window allows the baking process to be tracked at all times. The lid of bread maker can be detached to clean.
- 2 Years Warranty – 2 years warranty and 30-day return policy from “Aicok”. Including bread container, dough hook, measuring cup, measuring spoon. Removable interior pan can be washed by dishwasher
This Aicok bread machine is a good choice for those who like to make bread at home, suitable for all types of bread, and the endless recipes for making bread will make you fall deeply in love with this machine.
- ✔ Muti-Functions – 19 programs for a variety of breads such as gluten-free bread, wholemeal bread, jam, yogurt, rice, nuts and also for your own bread recipes; 3 loaf sizes up to 2.2-pound; 3 crust colors (Light / Medium / Dark). Enjoy different flavors bread by one bread maker.
- ✔ Automatic Dispenser & 15h Timer – The ingredients box opens automatically, it allows you to add fruit or nuts to make different types of bread. Keep warm function and 15h timer allow you to enjoy fresh bread when you wake up! 15-minute power interruption recovery, it can be very effective to maintain your program!
- ✔ LCD Screen & Visual Window – The LCD display can clearly show you the bread progress. A transparent window allows you to check on the progress periodically.
- ✔ Non-stick and Removable Pan – Non-stick coated inner pan can be cleaned by dishwasher – Full stainless steel body can work longer and stable.
- ✔ 100% BPA Free With 2 Years Warranty – We offer 2 years warranty, if you have any question, please feel free to contact us. Its materials are all BPA free, which will be very good for your health
Aicok Bread Machine includes 19 muti-functions programs, you can do more delicious bread than you imagine! The special program makes it possible to knead and lift the dough without cooking it. It’s very nice for a party reception! Treat yourself with your loved one in every morning!
- Bakes a large traditional rectangular shaped 2-pound loaf; Gluten Free and Custom Menu settings will accommodate gluten free and organic baking ingredients.
- Bakes a large traditional rectangular shaped 2-pound loaf.
- Dual kneading blades to knead the dough thoroughly.
- Quick baking cycle prepares breads in about 2-hour.
- Includes a measuring cup and measuring spoon.
- Additional heater on lid for even baking
Get performance like you’ve never seen from a breadmaker. A revolutionary heating element built into our Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker changes the way you can bake bread at home. With perfectly browned crust every time, anyone can be a master baker. From novice to expert, now any home baker can take advantage of our most technologically advanced breadmaker, loaded with menu settings and options for the ultimate in versatility.
For a basic bread recipe, simply add in measured ingredients, close the lid, make a selection from the user-friendly LCD control panel, and the Home Bakery Supreme takes care of the rest–baking up a rectangular-shaped 2-pound loaf of bread to perfection. Choose from three crust shades–light, medium, or dark–and from 10 pre-programmed settings that consist of Basic, Basic Wheat, Basic Dough, Quick, Quick Wheat, Quick Dough, Jam, Cake, Sour Dough Starter, and Home Made.
- Programmable breadmaker produces 1 pound loaves of cakes or breads
- Settings for cookie/pasta dough and fresh fruit jams; quick-bake cycle
- 13-hour delay timer; LCD control panel; viewing window; carrying handle
- Nonstick kneading blade and baking pan; instructions and recipes included
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 8-1/2 x 11-1/4 x 12-1/4 inches ,1-year warranty
The Home Bakery Mini is the perfect size for smaller households to savor the taste of freshly baked bread every day without waste.
- Quick baking cycle prepares breads in under 2 hours
- 13-hour delay timer
- Includes an easy-to-follow instruction video, manual and recipe booklet
- Menu settings include: basic bread (regular, firm), soft, French, dough, cookie/pasta dough, cake, jam and quick bread
- Programmable bread machine bakes 1-, 1-1/2-, and 2-pound loaves
- 12 preprogrammed menu options; 3 crust settings; 13-hour delay-start timer
- Viewing window; removable lid, pan, and paddle for quick cleanup
- Stay-cool handles; measuring cup, measuring spoon, and recipes included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- LCD Display: Displays loaf size and crust color selection along with the current function. Also used to view menu selection and delay start timer, which allows you to delay the bread-making process up to 13 hours.
- Loaf Size Button: Selects a 1-pound, 1-1/2-pound, or 2-pound loaf.
- Crust Color Button: Selects a light, medium or dark crust.
- Menu Button: Selects program.
- Program List: Lists the first 11 preprogrammed menu selections: use the menu button to select from this list:
- Delay Start Timer Buttons: Set the delay start timer.
- Start/Stop Button: Starts and stops the bread maker proces
Nothing says “home” like warm, just-baked bread. With this programmable automatic breadmaker from Cuisinart, all you have to do is add ingredients and select the time you’d like it to start the process. The breadmaker mixes it, kneads it, and bakes it. It also come with lots of bread recipes, as well as recipes for pastries and jams. You’ll discover you’ve bought yourself much more than a breadmaker (while still enjoying the lovely smell and taste of homemade bread). For safety, this unit is equipped with a power failure backup system. In case of any disruption of power supply, the unit will store in memory the stage of bread making cycle and resume once power is restored. The power back up feature can maintain memory for a power failure up to 15 minutes. And for easy clean up, the removable pan and paddle, cup, and spoon are dishwasher safe. The removable lid and touchpad control wipe clean with a damp cloth; fewer crevices make the unit easier to clean.
- Programmable bread machine with convection fan adjusts speed and timing for foolproof results
- 16 preset menu options including Low Carb, Gluten-Free, and Artisan Dough settings
- 3 crust colors and 3 loaf sizes; over 100 bread, dough, sweet cake, and jam combinations.Mix-ins must be added at the very beginning of the cycle with other basic ingredients
- Audible tone indicates when to add mix-ins; 12-hour delay-start timer; power-failure backup
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Easy Choices: 16 preprogrammed menu options, 3 crust colors, and 3 loaf sizes offer over 100 bread, dough/pizza dough, sweet cake and jam choices.
- Healthy Options: Low Carb and Gluten-Free preset menu options and recipes. A Cuisinart exclusive!
- Artisan Dough: Special menu option takes basic dough through several long, slow cool rises for chewier textures and rustic crusts.
- Better Crusts and Texture: Unique convection feature circulates air for superior crust color, and texture.
- Standout Styling: Classic lines, smooth brushed stainless steel, embossed logo and large, sturdy, stay-cool handles.
- Perfect Timing: Audible tone indicates time to add fruit, nuts and other “mix-ins.” Second tone offers option of removing paddle before baking, or removing unbaked dough to shape by hand.
- Recipe Booklet: Included are recipes for Low-Carb and Gluten-Free menu options, as well as a variety of other breads, doughs and jams.
- And More: 15-minute Pause, Bake-Only option, 12-Hour-Delay Start Timer, and Power Failure Backup. 680 watts. Limited 3-year warranty
- Enjoy freshly baked bread with the push of a button
- Smart dispensers automatically release and distribute yeast, raisins and nuts
- Healthy gluten free mode, eight menu buttons, automatic 13-hour timer
- Choose medium or extra-large loaf size, light or dark crust settings
- Intuitive touch-pad controls and large LCD make bread making simple
This premium bread machine is ideally suited to all brands and types of flours, and designed to expertly mix, knead and rise dough to a smooth, powder-free perfection. You’ll enjoy perfectly textured, bakery fresh breads and a variety of delicious, healthy doughs.
Dual automatic dispensers ensure even distribution of added ingredients at just the right time in the bread-making process. The Yeast Pro dispenser distributes yeast in the dough. The raisin/nut dispenser releases and distributes up to 5.3 oz. of raisins, seeds, and chopped nuts and dried fruits
Pre-set modes provide simple, one-touch convenience for eight types of bread and eight different doughs including Basic, Gluten Free, French, Pasta and Pizza Dough. Enjoy fresh, full-flavored and nutritious breads like white, whole wheat and multi-grain, as well as French, fruit and nut breads. The Panasonic breadmaker is also perfect for creating doughs and batters for gluten free and traditional pastas, pizza, rolls, croissants, tea cakes and more.
- 3 choices of loaf sizes and up to 2-1/2 pounds loaf capacity, ideal bread machine for modern family
- Settings for white, whole wheat, multigrain, French, quick breads/cakes
- 13-hour delay start timer and programmable menu options make meal planning easier
- Automatically adds yeast at the optimum time to ensure perfect bread
- With non-stick inner bake pan and build-in handle, finished bread is easily removed from the unit
Finally, a way to bring back the taste of freshly Baked, homemade bread, without the tiring process that comes with baking it. Baking the perfect loaf doesn’t have to be a beating task now that this easy-to-use product has Hit shelves. With an automatic yeast dispenser and 4 baking modes, your bread will rise and BAKE with just a touch of a button, leaving your afternoon free. Cleanup is even easier with the non-stick PAN! fill your kitchen with the familiar smell of fresh bread baking with panasonic’s automatic break maker.
The unit’s top-access, soft-touch, push-button control panel with an LCD digital display helps ensure easy programming. Choose from three different loaf sizes (medium, large, or extra large) and the crust color (light, medium, or dark). It also offers up to six different types of bread or dough options–Basic, Whole Wheat, Multi-Grain, French, Pizza, and Cake. Baking modes include Bake Only (great for fruitcakes, gingerbread, and teacakes); Rapid Bake (reduces the baking time of basic and whole-wheat breads); Raisin (offers an audible beep to signal when to add raisins, dried fruits, or nuts into the dough); and Sandwich (produces bread with a soft crust). Dough modes include Pizza, Rolls, and Raisin Dough. Best of all, the appliance comes equipped with a digital timer, which can be set up to 13 hours in advance–great for waking up to the smell of freshly baked bread. Or set the timer before leaving for work in the morning so that a warm loaf will be ready and waiting after a long day at the office. Simply slice it up and serve with dinner.
There was a time when you had to find the oldest woman in the village who had the flattest rock to get good bread. Even then, it was nothing like what we have today. Back then they ate unleavened bread which does not rise to become the soft fluffy bread we all know and enjoy today. That is not so say unleavened bread is not good, it is just different. If you do not know what it is, think a pita.
Now, all you need is a top bread making machine and you are a bread making artisan.
One question that came up while writing this review was why do you need a bread maker, after all you can easily buy a loaf of bread about anywhere. So, we decided to brainstorm reasons to buy a bread maker machine.
- The smell of fresh baked bread. Nothing beats it.
- No one knows what is in food that you did not make. If you are concerned about you and your families health making as much of your own food as possible gives you the greatest control.
- Making your own bread gives you the ability to make a wide variety of breads.
- Everyone likes to try and/or invent something new. You can try different recipes and add ingredients looking for that perfect unique taste you are looking for.
- It is easy when compared to making bread by machine. The bread making machine is a great invention that saves a lot of time.
- Easy clean up. Usually only one item to clean, the pan inside the bread making machine. No dirty counters or rolling pins. No flour all over the kitchen.
Why do you want to make your own bread?
- It is cheaper. Yes you can buy some REALLY cheap bread but when we say it is cheaper we mean that if you use quality ingredients making bread in your home bread maker is cheaper than buying a high quality bread from the store.
- It is better for you. Guess this depends a little bit on what ingredients you use but at least if you make your own bread you have the choice of how good it is for you.
- You have choices. You can make whatever kind of bread you want and you have the ability to experiment.
- You can make bread based on the occasion. If it is Christmas make a Christmas bread. If you are having a party, make a party bread.
- Homemade bread just tastes better. It is fresh and you control what is in it. Make bread that fits your personal taste.
- You whole house will smell like fresh baked bread. Did we mention how much we like the smell of fresh baked bread yet?
- With a top rated bread maker you will have the option of scheduling. Plus, if you plan ahead a little bit we would argue it is faster to make your own fresh bread than run to the store to buy bread baked days or a week ago.
- Makes a great gift. Gifting homemade bread is an inexpensive, thoughtful and appreciated gesture.
It is more FUN. Making bread in a home bread maker is flat out FUN. Not only can you make your bread however you want you get to watch it bake. Even if you do not like cooking, bread making is FUN.